It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there any way to get the hours shown in progress bar of story WI in report ???

Akash Kaanholkar (20115) | asked Jan 10 '23, 11:33 p.m.
I was trying to build report using jazz report builder which will show us the actual time spent on story shown in the progress bar of story work item .

I tried so much but i am not getting that ....

So if anyone knows about this then please do let me know

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Jan 11 '23, 2:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As far as I can tell from the process specification the data you are talking about is not available as attribute. The presentation named Work Progress is a so called non attribute based presentation. The data is calculated by the work item UI and likely also the planning UI. 

Since it is not available as attribute, I doubt it will be available in the reporting components. 

I have not tried to access the data using the Java APIs. It might be possible to get that data, but it is not obvious how to. I have written this extension that aggregates such information in an attribute: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/07/31/rtc-update-parent-duration-estimation-and-effort-participant/ . As a disclaimer, I don't think this is a particularly nice solution. 

If someone else has more knowledge about this, please help.

Akash Kaanholkar selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Akash Kaanholkar commented Jan 11 '23, 3:01 a.m.
Ok Ralph.

And thank you for this help

2 other answers

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14947) | answered Jan 11 '23, 8:09 a.m.

This is not available to query or in the API's - it is something dynamically calculated in the UI.  However, this means you could also do the same dynamic calculation in Report Builder.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 11 '23, 9:05 a.m. | edited Jan 11 '23, 9:06 a.m.

The calculation works on all child work items, where the child relationship is within the project area. The calculation includes all execution items that have execution data.

The calculation is based on the time spent or time remaining (uses the same attribute). The effort is calculated based on time spent or time remaining versus the estimate or the corrected estimate which is used if set. 

permanent link
Akash Kaanholkar (20115) | answered Jan 11 '23, 11:24 p.m.
Thank you to both Jackie and Ralph. I was trying to  calculate this  data in the progress bar by summing up the all child work item in the Story . I don't know why ,but I am not getting what i want.

Even I used that calculated value and custom expression too so that I can get then actual time spent on story  but summing up of all child in story is also not seems to be possible with the present attributes and functions.

So both of you can you please tell me that the way I am going for is right or I have to go for something else.

Is this calculation really possible with present attributes and functions or Its something complex one, if it is then can you please suggest me something which will give me solution for this.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 12 '23, 8:33 a.m. | edited Jan 12 '23, 8:50 a.m.

The attributes involved are  

• Corrected Estimate id: correctedEstimate
  • Estimate id: duration
  • Time Spent id: timeSpent
See https://jazz.net/forum/questions/275943/what-is-the-logic-behind-calculating-time-spent-attribute-in-rtc/275963 for some comment on the logic.

Akash Kaanholkar commented Jan 13 '23, 1:18 a.m.
Thank you Ralph.

And One thing that I was trying to apply condition over report of 'Attachments', but it seems we can not able to use 'Attachments' in conditions as well as in column of reports.

Is it ???

Can you please tell me something about this.

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 13 '23, 3:50 a.m.

I do not know how this would be related to the question here. Please ask another question with reasonable details.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.